Good-Afternoon babes, I turned 20 a week ago today, and this post was supposed to be uploaded on Monday, but I totally forgot!!, But better late than never. So anyway! I thought it’d be fun to share 19 things I learned at 19, my last year as a TEEN! I must say I haven’t been all that excited about such a “pointless” age in my opinion! Like okay I’m no longer a teen and??? The real party is at 21! but I’ve come to appreciate and feel blessed to see another year & that’s really all that really matters. Most of these will be in the form of quotes I’ll try and give credit to the person behind the quote if I can find it! The reason for that is because I believe I’ve either learned, grown, or even overcame with these quotes.
Now let’s stop with all this rambling! Here are 19 Things I learned at 19!
- Do not rely on others for your own happiness. Happiness comes from within oneself that you have the power to create.
- On bad days, learn to find some piece of joy to get you through.
- When life becomes difficult learn to find the light that will guide you on the right path.
- “One Of The Lessons That I Grew Up With Was To Always Stay True To Yourself And Never Let What Somebody Else Says Distract You From Your Goals.” – Michelle Obama
- Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going. – Chantal Sutherland
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there. — Theodore Roosevelt
- Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.
- The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
- Loneliness adds beauty to life.
- The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer someone else up.
- Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
- The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.
- What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds.
- If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much. Jim Rohn
- Many things can make you miserable for weeks; few can bring you a whole day of happiness. Mignon McLaughlin
- Just allow yourself to be whatever it is that you are.
- Some people can’t believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first.
- Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
- God has you in the position that will make you focus on who you are. – My Dad
So that concludes my 19 things I learned at 19. I’ve been 20 for a week a legit nothing feels different (I mean does it ever?), but nonetheless I am extremely blessed to be able to see another year! Is it too late to do a blog post on what I ended up doing for my birthday? Let me know!!
Thanks for reading!